Automated NGS Library Preparation System
This breakthrough in epigenetics assay and library preparation automation provides superior throughput and complete walk-away capability.
The IP-Star® Compact Automated System represents a breakthrough in epigenetics assay and library preparation automation providing superior throughput, reproducibility of results, and complete walk-away capability.* The system provides the flexibility needed to change multiple parameters in your protocols to achieve optimal experimental conditions. Samples generated on the system are compatible with popular downstream applications such as qPCR, microarrays and next generation sequencing platforms. In addition to automated ChIP and DNA methylation protocols, this system contains a wide variety of protocols including the new tagmentation-based ChIPmentation, next generation sequencing library preparation and sample purification.
The automated IP-Star compact system reduces hands-on time to just 30 minutes, is ideal for low sample starting amounts and reduces variability between operators and labs.
- Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP)
- Methylated DNA Immunoprecipitation (MeDIP)
- Library preparation for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) platforms
- Hydroxymethylated DNA Immunoprecipitation (hMeDIP)
- Methyl-binding domain protein capture assays (MethylCap)
- Sequential ChIP (Re-ChIP)
- Bisulfite conversion
- DNA purification (IPure)
- Magnetic-bead technology for excellent reproducibility
- Open platform allows changes in protocol parameters
- Protocols optimal for 100 µl or 200 µl volumes
- Processing up to 16 samples
- Automated reagent dispensing
- Controlled temperatures with Peltier blocks
- User-friendly simple touch screen interface
- Minimal footprint
Key application notes and publications
- IP-Star reliable ChIP-seq data from 10,000 cells True MicroChIP™ and MicroPlex Library Preparation™ kit
|Processing time||About 30 mins / 1-8 samples|
|Volumes||5 – 200 µl|
|Unit dimensions||80 [W] x 70 [D] x 67.5 [H] cm (disregarding prongs)
31.5 [W] x 27.6 [D] x 26.6 [H] in (disregarding prongs)
|Weight||97 kg (213.9 lb)|
|DIAG-C30010014||SX-8G IP-Star Compact 2 ml microtubes - 100pc|
|DIAG-C30080030||IP-Star 96 well microplates for IP-Star – 10pc|
DNA/RNA shearing instruments for NGS
To enable sensitive and reliable NGS results DNA must first be effectively and consistently sheared into the appropriate fragment size.
- Desktop sonication: Diagenode One
- Advanced water bath sonicators: Bioruptor® Pico and Bioruptor Plus
- Long read sequencing library preparation: Megaruptor® 2
* LGC’s distribution agreement includes EMEA, South America and Canada for all market sectors and the United States for the agricultural biotechnology sector.