Fluorescein T Amidite
Fluorescein T amidite is used for the 5' labeling or internal labeling of fluorogenic probes used in 5' nuclease assays, Molecular Beacons, and other detection assays. This amidite contains a DMT protecting group and can be added to the 5' terminus of the oligo or placed internally. BHQ®-1 will quench the fluorescein moiety.
- Chemical Name:
- Molecular Weight:
- white solid
- Absorption Maximum (Lambda Max):
- Extinction Coefficient at Lambda max:
- Extinction Coefficient at 260 nm:
- Fluorescence Maximum:
Spectral properties measured in PCR buffer as internal labeled poly(T) oligonucleotide.
- Synthesis conditions:
- Prior to dilution ensure that all product is at the bottom of the vial. Dilute to the recommended concentration and mix thoroughly in the sealed vial to ensure that all contents are dissolved.
- 10-minute coupling
- Deprotection conditions:
- With fast deprotecting amidites (ie. C-Ac, G-DMF, G-PAC) use concentrated NH4OH for 1 hour at 60 °C. With standard amidites (ie. C-Bz, G-iBu) use concentrated NH4OH for 5 hours at 60 °C. With base-sensitive fluorophores (eg. TAMRA) we recommend using t-butylamine/water (1:3) for 12-15 hours at 65 °C. The use of methylamine should be avoided with this product.
- Additional information:
- If the solution is not used during synthesis, it can be stored under argon and its functionality maintained up to 48 hours.
The mass this product adds after conjugation and work-up (the additional mass seen by mass spectrometry) is:
Image of cleaved and deprotected structure:
Storage and handling:
- Storage and handling:
- Storage conditions:
- -15 to -30 °C
Biosearch, the Biosearch Technologies logo, Black Hole Quencher, BHQ, BHQplus, CAL Fluor, Quasar, Pulsar, Stellaris and SuperROX are registered trademarks of Biosearch Technologies, Inc.
Permitted Product Usage
All products offered for sale by Biosearch Technologies, Inc. (BTI) are sold under the condition that they be used for research purposes only and are prohibited from use in diagnostic or other commercial applications unless explicitly authorized by separate written agreement with BTI.
Black Hole Quencher® (BHQ), CAL Fluor®, Quasar® and Pulsar® dyes (referred to collectively as “BTI Dyes”) are sold to the purchaser only for internal R&D use, and are not to be used for clinical or diagnostic purposes. Neither the BTI Dyes nor the compounds synthesized with them are to be re-packaged or re-sold. Separate licenses to the BTI Dyes may be available for applications other than the aforementioned internal R&D. Please inquire via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Black Hole Quencher dye technology is protected in the United States and other countries by U.S. patents and continuations numbered 7,019,129, 7,019,129B1, 7,109,312B2, 7,582,432, 8,410,255B2 and 8,440,399B2 issued to Biosearch Technologies, Inc. The CAL Fluor technology is covered by U.S. patent number 7,344,701B2. The Quasar technology is covered by U.S. Patent numbers 7,705,150B2, 7,868, 157B2 and 8,436,153B2. The Pulsar technology is covered by U.S. Patent numbers 7,635,762B2 and 8,119,781B2.
Supercolumns are protected by U.S. Patent 6,761,855 B1, "Column for solid phase processing" issued to Biosearch Technologies, Inc. Contact email@example.com for more information. Supercolumns for use on ABI 3900 or equivalent rotary cartridge style shoulder mount design are also manufactured under license from McLuen Design, U.S. Patents 8,158,085 and 8,404,196.
Stellaris products are sold under license from Rutgers University and may be used under its patent rights for Research Use Only.
Information on licensing programs for the commercial and/or diagnostic use of these products is available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit our legal webpage on www.biosearchtech.com for full legal disclosure.