BHQ-1 DMT Amidite
BHQ®-1 amidite is used for the 5' labeling of fluorogenic probes or to place the BHQ moiety internally. This amidite contains a DMT protecting group, which is removed under traditional conditions. BHQ-1 dye is designed to have maximal absorption in the 480 to 580 nm range, which provides excellent quenching of fluorophores emitting in this range.
- Chemical Name:
- 4'-(2-Nitro-4-toluyldiazo)-2'-methoxy-5'-methyl-azobenzene-4''-(N-2-oxy ethyl (4,4' dimethoxy trityl))-N-ethyl-
- Molecular Weight:
- dark red solid
- Absorption Maximum (Lambda Max):
- Extinction Coefficient at Lambda max:
- Extinction Coefficient at 260 nm:
Spectral properties measured in PCR buffer as 5'-labeled poly(T) oligo.
- Synthesis Conditions:
- Prior to dilution ensure that all product is at the bottom of the vial. Dilute to the recommended concentration and mix thoroughly in the sealed vial to ensure that all contents are dissolved.
- 100 µmol/mL
- Deprotection Conditions:
- Deprotection conditions are dependent upon the type of amidites used for the synthesis of the oligo. If using standard amidites deprotect in concentrated NH4OH for 5 hours at 60 °C. If using fast deprotecting amidites deprotect in concentrated NH4OH for 1 hour at 60 °C. If you are using base sensitive fluorophores (ie. TAMRA or Rhodamine based dyes) we recommend deprotecting the dye labeled oligonucleotide in t-butylamine/H2O (1:3) for 6 hours at 60 °C.
- Additional Information:
- If all the solution is not used during the synthesis, it can be stored under argon and its functionality maintained up to 48 hours.
BHQ-1 amidite is susceptible to oxidation when left out in the open or undessicated.
For detailed information on BHQ fragmentation by MALDI-TOF MS, refer to your BHQ Licensee's Manual Appendix V.
The mass this product adds after conjugation and work-up (the additional mass seen by mass spectrometry) is:
Image of cleaved and deprotected structure:
Storage and Handling:
- Storage and Handling:
- Storage Conditions:
- -15 to -30 °C
Biosearch, the Biosearch Technologies logo, Black Hole Quencher, BHQ, BHQplus, CAL Fluor, Quasar, Pulsar, Stellaris and SuperROX are registered trademarks of Biosearch Technologies, Inc.
Permitted Product Usage
All products offered for sale by Biosearch Technologies, Inc. (BTI) are sold under the condition that they be used for research purposes only and are prohibited from use in diagnostic or other commercial applications unless explicitly authorized by separate written agreement with BTI.
Black Hole Quencher® (BHQ), CAL Fluor®, Quasar® and Pulsar® dyes (referred to collectively as “BTI Dyes”) are sold to the purchaser only for internal R&D use, and are not to be used for clinical or diagnostic purposes. Neither the BTI Dyes nor the compounds synthesized with them are to be re-packaged or re-sold. Separate licenses to the BTI Dyes may be available for applications other than the aforementioned internal R&D. Please inquire via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Black Hole Quencher dye technology is protected in the United States and other countries by U.S. patents and continuations numbered 7,019,129, 7,019,129B1, 7,109,312B2, 7,582,432, 8,410,255B2 and 8,440,399B2 issued to Biosearch Technologies, Inc. The CAL Fluor technology is covered by U.S. patent number 7,344,701B2. The Quasar technology is covered by U.S. Patent numbers 7,705,150B2, 7,868, 157B2 and 8,436,153B2. The Pulsar technology is covered by U.S. Patent numbers 7,635,762B2 and 8,119,781B2.
Supercolumns are protected by U.S. Patent 6,761,855 B1, "Column for solid phase processing" issued to Biosearch Technologies, Inc. Contact email@example.com for more information. Supercolumns for use on ABI 3900 or equivalent rotary cartridge style shoulder mount design are also manufactured under license from McLuen Design, U.S. Patents 8,158,085 and 8,404,196.
Stellaris products are sold under license from Rutgers University and may be used under its patent rights for Research Use Only.
Information on licensing programs for the commercial and/or diagnostic use of these products is available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit our legal webpage on www.biosearchtech.com for full legal disclosure.