We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team of research scientists, manufacturing chemists, engineers and corporate support staff. We are currently accepting applications for the following career opportunities:
|Employees at Biosearch Technologies enjoy company parties scheduled throughout the year on-site or at outside venues.|
We are currently seeking a responsible, experienced technician with a strong background in biotech/pharmaceutical manufacturing to join our oligo-manufacturing group. Primary responsibilities will be the manufacturing of custom oligonucleotides . Successful candidate will have experience operating analytical HPLC, preparative HPLC, and mass spec equipment. In addition the ideal candidate will be able to perform a variety of manufacturing roles.
- Experience with Waters Alliance HPLC systems and Empower preferred.
- Experience with Waters LCT and MassLynx preferred
- B.A. or B.S. in science field
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as on teams
- Technical proficiency that enables effective execution of well defined procedures
- Ability to use the computer effectively in data analysis
- Routine equipment monitoring and maintenance
We are currently seeking a responsible, meticulous person with experience in various liquid handling platforms such as Beckman FX, Tecan, and Hamilton, to join our manufacturing group. Focus will be on liquid handling associated with oligonucleotide production such as measuring and normalization of concentrations, and custom aliquoting and assay build projects. Method development, including instrument maintenance/ calibration, may also be performed as time permits. BS in bioscience or related field required, with 3+ years laboratory experience preferred.
LGC Biosearch Technologies is a fast-paced and growing biotechnology company that manufactures and sells custom-synthesized DNA to life science researchers and diagnostic companies in the US and abroad. We are looking for a qualified intern to join the marketing team who can learn and participate in marketing communications and the development of print and online marketing materials. This marketing intern should be a detail-oriented, bright, and motivated team player prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience with marketing at a biotech company.
Primary responsibilities include assisting the coordination of marketing communications, assisting the implementation of advertising, promotional, and social media campaigns, and act as a supporting role in website development and maintenance. In all projects, the intern will work closely and intricately with other marketing team members
- Assist with the creation, organization, and display of website assets and content
- Assist with website testing and debugging
- Enter and clean up data in various databases and content management systems
- Seek and analyze competitive marketing and sales materials available online
- Learn and assist with basic keyword optimization and search engine optimization-related activities
- Provide support in implementing social media marketing campaigns
- Assist with monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing the performance of online advertising campaigns
- Assist with drafting and implementing email blasts
- Assist with marketing fulfillment, lead segmentation, and lead nurturing
- Assist with updating marketing literature
- Assist with other marketing projects as required
Position requires a current, undergraduate student who is majoring in a life science program. Strong written and verbal communication skills, extensive knowledge of web and social media, and experience using standard office software (Microsoft Office Suite and other programs) are required. Knowledge of HTML also preferred. Position also requires an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is cooperative, has team-oriented work ethic, but can also work independently and exhibit great attention to detail.
This position will be based out of LGC Biosearch’s satellite facility in Novato, CA. Occasional travel to corporate headquarters in Petaluma, CA will be expected.
Time period: June through August (flexible)
Product Specialist II will be responsible for providing product support and advice to customer inquiries. We are particularly seeking candidates who have direct, bench experience with fluorescent microscopy and imaging. Prior experience using in situ hybridization or histology-related techniques, with a solid foundation in molecular biology is highly preferred. Below is the job description for Product Specialist II:
Primary responsibility is to provide support for a specific product line by fielding customer requests, identifying potential product issues, and providing technical product troubleshooting. Some time may be spent performing laboratory experiments related to product development and/or product functional testing to troubleshoot customer inquiries. Product Specialist II will often interface with the product development team, operations, customer service, and customers to assess customer needs and explain and demonstrate products to them. This position will also aid Product Management and Marketing with handling pre-sales support, drafting marketing materials, and performing directed product development laboratory experiments driven by market demands.
- Effectively communicate and directly interact with prospecting leads and customers by providing pre-sales and post-sales technical support over the phone and/or email.
- Think critically while fielding inquiries and triage technical inquiries beyond their level of expertise or inquiries from key accounts to senior personnel as appropriate. The specialist will observe and relay the Voice of the Customer (VOC) to the Marketing and Sales department.
- Perform directed product development laboratory experiments whose priorities will be driven by market demand.
- Assist with drafting supporting and promotional documentation for the use of Biosearch products, including brochures, technical application notes, blog articles, and product descriptions for quality assured product literature.
- Provide input to the Marketing team to develop new marketing collateral from a technical standpoint.
- Represent Biosearch at trade shows and conferences; may carry out formal presentation of products and attend and assist in promotional exhibitions and trade shows.
- Some travel to customer sites and assess customer needs, explain and demonstrate products to them, which will involve providing technical description of products, as well as describing the purposes for which they may be used.
- Assist in other marketing and product management projects as required.
Position requires a relevant bachelor’s degree and at least one year of industry-related experience. A degree in a life science curriculum is highly preferred. At least two years of bench experience using molecular methods directly related to the product of focus is required. Strong written and verbal communication skills, experience using standard office software (Microsoft Office Suite® and other programs) are required. Position also requires a creative and highly self-motivated individual who is cooperative and has team-oriented work ethic. Must have flexibility in working hours and available for up to 30% business travel.
This position will be based out of Biosearch’s satellite facility in Novato, CA. Regular travel to corporate headquarters in Petaluma, CA will be expected. Sorry, no relocation assistance provided.
Benefits and Compensation:
Biosearch Technologies is an equal-opportunity employer offering excellent health and retirement benefits and a competitive salary commensurate with experience.