We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team of research scientists, manufacturing chemists, engineers and corporate support staff. We are currently accepting applications for the following career opportunities:
|Employees at Biosearch Technologies enjoy company parties scheduled throughout the year on-site or at outside venues.|
We are currently seeking a responsible, experienced technician with a strong background in biotech/pharmaceutical manufacturing to join our oligo-manufacturing group. Primary responsibilities will be the manufacturing of custom oligonucleotides . Successful candidate will have experience operating analytical HPLC, preparative HPLC, and mass spec equipment. In addition the ideal candidate will be able to perform a variety of manufacturing roles.
- Experience with Waters Alliance HPLC systems and Empower preferred.
- Experience with Waters LCT and MassLynx preferred
- B.A. or B.S. in science field
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as on teams
- Technical proficiency that enables effective execution of well defined procedures
- Ability to use the computer effectively in data analysis
- Routine equipment monitoring and maintenance
We are currently seeking a responsible, meticulous person with experience in various liquid handling platforms such as Beckman FX, Tecan, and Hamilton, to join our manufacturing group. Focus will be on liquid handling associated with oligonucleotide production such as measuring and normalization of concentrations, and custom aliquoting and assay build projects. Method development, including instrument maintenance/ calibration, may also be performed as time permits. BS in bioscience or related field required, with 3+ years laboratory experience preferred.
Biosearch Technologies is a fast-paced and growing biotechnology company that manufactures and sells custom-synthesized DNA to life science researchers and diagnostic companies in the US and abroad. We are looking for a detail-oriented, bright, motivated, team player to join our Quality Control (QC) team as a Manager, Analytical QC. This position will be stationed at our Corporate Headquarters in Petaluma, CA.
The Manager, Analytical QC is expected to lead the Quality Control Chemistry team to support manufacturing operations. Chromatographic, spectroscopic and wet chemistry analytical expertise is a must. Problem solving and Investigational experience is paramount along with the ability to coordinate activities to meet deadlines. The Manager, Analytical QC is responsible for developing and implementing all aspects of inspection and testing for incoming materials, raw materials, and column or chemical production finished goods at Biosearch Technologies. This position reports to the Director of Quality.
- Plans, coordinates & manages the QC Chemistry department and personnel.
- Oversees inspection and testing of incoming materials, raw materials and column or chemical production finished goods in accordance with established procedures and specifications.
- Reviews QC data to ensure Certificates of Analysis are complete and accurate.
- Ensures that staff is trained in required procedures & practices.
- Drafts and/or revises documents as necessary.
- Working cross-functionally, evaluates, develops and implements QC processes, procedures, specifications and related programs for new products or for product improvement.
- Reviews product data to ensure continuous improvement of Quality Control programs, processes, procedures and release specifications.
- Oversees trending of data related to company Quality Objectives.
- Participates in CAPA program, as necessary.
- Oversees the management and maintenance of the QC Chemistry lab.
- Performs QC review of chemical and column production batch records prior to submitting to QA for product release.
- Ensures equipment utilized in testing is calibrated and/or maintained, as necessary.
- Establishes the QC schedule and prioritization of tasks for inspection and testing of incoming materials, raw materials, and column and chemical production finished goods.
- Performs validation of testing procedures of new products submitted to quality control.
- Documents deviations, investigates nonconformities, and participates in Material Review Board meetings.
- Assists in or delegates product complaint investigation testing.
- Coordinates with other areas of the company to troubleshoot issues, as necessary.
- Supervise/manage/direct the selection, training, development and appraisal of department personnel.
- Leads by example.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- BS in Chemistry with a minimum of 6 years analytical QC management experience or MS in Chemistry with a minimum of 4 years analytical QC management experience in the biotechnology industry.
- In-depth knowledge of analytical QC principles, concepts, industry practices, and standards.
- Extensive experience in use of analytical instrumentation, such as HPLCs, spectrophotometers, etc. Experience with DNA synthesis is a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Experience managing people is required.
- Keen understanding of quality control best practices to drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems, and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Experience in FDA regulated and ISO compliant environment preferred.