We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team of research scientists, manufacturing chemists, engineers and corporate support staff. We are currently accepting applications for the following career opportunities:
|Employees at Biosearch Technologies enjoy company parties scheduled throughout the year on-site or at outside venues.|
We are currently seeking a responsible, experienced technician with a strong background in biotech/pharmaceutical manufacturing to join our oligo-manufacturing group. Primary responsibilities will be the manufacturing of custom oligonucleotides . Successful candidate will have experience operating analytical HPLC, preparative HPLC, and mass spec equipment. In addition the ideal candidate will be able to perform a variety of manufacturing roles.
- Experience with Waters Alliance HPLC systems and Empower preferred.
- Experience with Waters LCT and MassLynx preferred
- B.A. or B.S. in science field
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as on teams
- Technical proficiency that enables effective execution of well defined procedures
- Ability to use the computer effectively in data analysis
- Routine equipment monitoring and maintenance
We are currently seeking a responsible, meticulous person with experience in various liquid handling platforms such as Beckman FX, Tecan, and Hamilton, to join our manufacturing group. Focus will be on liquid handling associated with oligonucleotide production such as measuring and normalization of concentrations, and custom aliquoting and assay build projects. Method development, including instrument maintenance/ calibration, may also be performed as time permits. BS in bioscience or related field required, with 3+ years laboratory experience preferred.
- Independently develop, implement and perform equipment IQ/OQ/PQ protocols.
- Prepare Validation Reports.
- Establish the Validation Master Plan and ensure that periodic revalidation activities occur for critical process equipment to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements in the GMP and Commercial Services production and Quality Control groups.
- Perform or participate in failure investigations for nonconformances using standard Quality Improvement tools, prepare fishbone diagrams, perform root-cause analysis and provide recommendations to management.
- Perform risk analysis/assessment of critical processes using Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Assist in the development, review and approval of Test Method Validation protocols.
- Analyze process data and perform trend analyses on critical processes to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Work with management to improve Quality System policies and procedures.
- Assist in setting specifications for raw-materials, in-process testing and final product release.
- Assist in internal and external audits.
- Act as back-up for QC Chemistry when necessary.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Biology or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in a Quality Control or Quality Assurance role.
- Strong technical aptitude for the understanding of process instrumentation/equipment .
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of applying statistical techniques and design of experiments preferred.
- Knowledge of FDA QSR, ISO 9001, ISO 13485 strongly desired.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills in technical writing and capable of supporting cross-functional projects.
- Capable of multitasking and prioritizing several projects independently.
Employees in this role may be called upon to work with Hazardous Materials and/or handle Hazardous Waste.
This position will be based out of LGC Biosearch's Novato location.
Benefits and Compensation:
LGC Biosearch is an equal-opportunity employer offering excellent health and retirement benefits and a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Please send your cover letter and resume by responding only to this Craigslist posting.
Product Specialist I will be responsible for providing product support and advice to customer inquiries. We are particularly seeking candidates who have some experience with web-based molecular biology tools or bench experience with molecular methods such as quantitative real-time PCR (qPCR). Below is the job description for Product Specialist I:
Primary responsibility is to support all advertised product lines by fielding customer requests, identifying potential product issues, and providing routine troubleshooting. Product Specialist I will interface with the product management team, operations, customer service, and shipping departments upon fulfillment of duties.
- Effectively communicate and directly interact with prospecting leads and customers by providing pre-sales and post-sales technical support over the phone and/or email.
- Think critically while fielding inquiries and triage technical inquiries beyond their level of expertise or inquiries from key accounts to senior personnel as appropriate. The specialist will observe and relay the Voice of the Customer (VOC) to the Marketing and Sales department.
- Assist with drafting supporting documentation for the use of LGC Biosearch products, including manuals, web pages, and product descriptions for quality assured product literature;
- Provide input to the Marketing team to develop new marketing collateral from a technical standpoint;
- Represent LGC Biosearch at trade shows and conferences;
- Assist in other marketing and product management projects as required.
Position requires a bachelor’s degree, preferably in a life science program and/or some equivalent life science industry experience. Some experience with web-based molecular biology tools or bench experience with molecular methods is preferred. Strong written and verbal communication skills, experience using standard office software (Microsoft Office Suite® and other programs) are required. Position also requires an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is cooperative, has team-oriented work ethic, but can also work independently and exhibit great attention to detail. Some travel (< 25% of the time) required.
This position will be based out of Novato, CA. Travel to corporate headquarters in Petaluma, CA will also be expected.
Benefits and Compensation:
LGC Biosearch Technologies is an equal-opportunity employer offering excellent health and retirement benefits and competitive salary commensurate with experience.