PCR-based genotyping service
LGC Biosearch Technologies™ offers accurate, flexible, and cost effective PCR-based genotyping services using our proprietary genotyping technology, KASP™, to enable fast and reliable genotyping of large samples and single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) numbers of any species. Trust our experienced team for fast, consistent genotyping.
- Sample to analysis: We offer an all-inclusive, end-to-end service that can be tailored to your project requirements.
- Expertise and experience: Benefit from more than 21 years of experience in genotyping of plant, aquaculture, livestock industries with our proprietary, gold-standard KASP technology. We also provide KASP genotyping for human healthcare in early stage research applications.
- Dedicated team: A project manager will ensure the success of your project and you will have access to ongoing technical support.
- Proven versatility: KASP has been cited in more than 2,500 publications for hundreds of species. Our all-inclusive genotyping service is compatible with any starting material including leaf, seed, fish fins and DNA.
What's included in the KASP all-inclusive service?
KASP genotyping service projects are completed on industry-leading equipment by experienced scientists. Learn more about what’s included at every step in the process.
Sample collection: The all-inclusive service includes a sample collection kit. For plant and aquaculture samples, you will receive a BioArk Leaf, BioArk Seed, or BioArk Fish collection kit. A phytosanitary certificate is not required. The kit stabilises the sample resulting in better quality DNA and better genotyping data. Sample collection is not included in KASP genotyping-only projects.
DNA extraction: During project kickoff, we will determine the most appropriate extraction chemistry and instrumentation for your sample type and throughput requirements. Once we receive your samples, we extract DNA from the sample material and conduct quality checks before proceeding to genotyping.
Custom KASP assay design: Our expert scientists develop robust and reproducible KASP assays targeted to your SNPs of interest. New assays are designed using customer-provided SNP sequence information. Your dedicated project manager will assist with assay design. Assay designs can be reused for repeat panel projects.
KASP genotyping: Using assay design and template DNA, targeted SNPs are amplified and genotyped. KASP™ genotyping assays are based on competitive allele-specific PCR and enable bi-allelic scoring of SNPs and insertions and deletions (Indels) at specific loci. Learn more about KASP genotyping.
Results report: You will receive results in an Excel spreadsheet, which can be viewed using our SNPViewer or KlusterCaller software. SNPs or InDels subsequently genotyped will be sent to you via an e-mail with a link to your genotyping data file on our secure web server.
Project conclusion: After completion of the project, all project materials (samples, DNA and data) will be stored for up to three months. We will dispose of all project materials after three months as per our standard Terms and Conditions. We offer longer term storage and can return project materials for additional charges.
The standard turnaround time for a KASP genotyping service project is four weeks. Projects can be completed in as little as two weeks with additional charges when ordered in advance. Please inquire for rapid turnaround options.
Blend your lab and ours
Interested in more flexibility? If you want to run all or part of the genotyping workflow in your own lab, we have kits available for each of the four key steps.
|QuickExtract Plant DNA Extraction Solution
QuickExtract DNA Extraction Solution
sbeadex livestock kit
sbeadex plant kit
|KASP TF Master Mix
KASP genotyping services resources
Case studies, blog posts and webinars
- KASP case studies and app notes compilation
- Explore the vast applications of KASP genotyping for plant breeding programmes
- Optimise sample collection for aquaculture genotyping
- Increasing resistance to aquaculture disease
- Large-scale genotyping in strawberry genomic selection
- KASP technology accelerates rice improvement in South Asia
- Sustainable pathway for rice growers to meet region demands
How to start a KASP genotyping project
Starting a KASP genotyping project is easy. Simply request a quote and our team will get back to you with pricing details. Once we’ve received the purchase order, we will assign a project manager who will support you from submitting your sequences of interest through to receiving your results report.