Tomato genotyping library
Tomato genotyping assay library, developed with the SolCAP consortium. Choose from >7,000 functionally validated KASP SNP assays. Cost-effective and easy to run.
KASP™ assay library for tomato genotyping - developed in conjunction with the SolCAP consortium
A validated panel of 384 carefully selected KASP SNP markers, plus ~7,000 additional KASP SNP markers for tomato from the SolCAP panel (designed and genetically mapped) are available to use.
- Michigan State University, Department of Plant Biology
- Ohio State University, Department of Horticulture & Crop Science
- Seed Biotechnology Center, University of California Davis
All information from the study is available to view and download from http://solcap.msu.edu/index.shtml
Related links and associated publications
- Single Nucleotide Polymorphism Discovery in Cultivated Tomato via Sequencing by Synthesis. Hamilton, J. P., Sim, S. C., Stoffel, K., Van Deynze, A., Buell, C. R., Francis, D. M. (2012). The Plant Genome. Vol. 5, 17-29.
- High-Density SNP Genotyping of Tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.) Reveals Patterns of Genetic Variation Due to Breeding. Sim, S-C., Van Deynze, A., Stoffel, K., Douches, D.S., Zarka, D., Ganal, M.W. … & Francis, D.M. (2012). PLoS ONE 7(9): e45520.
Ordering and availabilty
The assays are available for purchase to be run in your own lab, or as part of our service laboratory offering.
- Data delivery (excel format)
- SNPviewer software (free).