The PDM 2009 H1N1 (Novel Influenza A) ValuPanel™ Reagents* are part of LGC Biosearch Technologies’ ValuPanel line of detection reagents. ValuPanel Reagents are composed of probes and primers that resolve genetic signatures of different pathogen strains. These new PDM signatures demonstrate improved performance over the original 2009 H1N1 probes and primers: this updated panel targets the 2009 H1N1 with more specificity and sensitivity.
*For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
PDM 2009 H1N1 Signatures Licensed from the CDC**
LGC Biosearch Technologies is a licensed manufacturer of oligonucleotides to resolve the genetic signatures of the 2009 H1N1 pandemic. This panel consists of dual-labeled BHQ® probes, a forward primer, and a reverse primer for use in real-time PCR to discriminate novel influenza A H1N1 from other viral strains. PDM 2009 H1N1 ValuPanel Reagents contain probes and primers based on the following genetic signatures:
- Universal Influenza A
- PDM Influenza A (Swine Flu Specific)
- PDM H1 (Swine Flu Specific)
- Human RNase P (Extraction Control)
These probes are labeled with FAM and Black Hole Quencher® (BHQ®) dyes. All probes and primers are HPLC purified. LGC Biosearch is the inventor of the BHQ dyes and is the sole manufacturer of the true dark quencher currently used for the labeled probes in the 2009 H1N1 diagnostic test.
**CDC does not endorse products or services
How is PDM 2009 H1N1 Different than the Original 2009 H1N1 ValuPanel Reagents?
- Improved Specificity – the new probes and primers target more conserved regions of the same genes that were resolved in the original panel. They are therefore appropriate for detection of diverse isolates of Novel Influenza A H1N1 that emerged internationally, while discriminating against other flu types and strains.
- Improved Sensitivity – PDM 2009 H1N1 ValuPanel Reagents were developed for detection of fewer copies of Novel Influenza A.
Order 2009 H1N1 ValuPanel Reagents Today!
Simply add the individual reagents or the entire ValuPanel Reagent set to your online shopping cart. ValuPanel Reagents ship the same day via FedEx Priority (unless specified otherwise) for orders placed before 2:00 PM (PST).