Next generation beads for DNA purification from blood
Blood samples can often vary considerably in quality, and this can lead to wide variations in the consistency and yield of isolated DNA. Molecular testing protocols, including genotyping and next-generation sequencing applications require reliable and high-quality sample preparations.
The sbeadex™ Blood DNA Purification Kit meets these requirements. It has been developed for high-throughput, cost-effective, and customisable DNA isolation from whole blood (fresh and frozen), buffy coats and FTA cards and supports automated DNA isolations using common magnetic particle/liquid handlers (e.g. KingFisher™). The sbeadex blood chemistry represents the next generation of magnetic beads, allowing highest flexibility in terms of sample volume, automation, washing conditions and other important purification requirements.
- Nucleic acid isolation from blood samples (e.g. whole blood, buffy coats, heparin/EDTA/citrate blood)
- Screening and detection of genetic diseases
- Nucleic acid preparation for various downstream applications (NGS, PCR/qPCR, library cloning, Sanger sequencing)
- Efficient – purify high molecular weight DNA from whole blood and buffy coat preparations within 1 hour
- High quality – consistent OD260/280 ≥ 1.8 ratio and an average OD260/230 1.9 ratio
- Easy to automate – scale up sample processing with popular robotic platforms (e.g. Hamilton, TECAN, Beckman-Coulter or KingFisher)
- Absence of PCR inhibitors – no organic solvents or chaotropic salts in final wash buffers
- Convenient – minimise set-up time with high-stability, ready-to-use kits
Blood DNA purification protocols
sbeadex blood is a magnetic bead-based DNA purification technology for blood samples of up to 200 µL volume. Standard protocols are available for the following instruments/applications.
- 100 µL sbeadex blood protocol on the Thermo KingFisher magnetic particle processor;
- 200 µL sbeadex blood protocol on the KingFisher magnetic particle processor.
Alternatively, LGC Biosearch Technologies can develop custom solutions for any laboratory setup. Contact our technical specialists for more information.
The sbeadex Blood DNA Purification Kit uses magnetic separation for the extraction and purification of nucleic acids. Superparamagnetic particles coated with sbeadex surface chemistry use a novel two-step binding mechanism, which, when combined with the washing steps, removes impurities from the blood preparation. After washing, the nucleic acid is eluted from the magnetic particles and is ready for use in a wide range of downstream processes.
sbeadex Blood DNA Purification Kit offers the highest flexibility in terms of sample volume, automation, washing conditions and other important purification requirements. Modifications to the standard protocol can easily be performed, dependent on the input sample volume, the storage conditions of the blood sample, and the anticoagulation factors used. Biosearch Technologies offers pilot studies for non-standard sample materials to provide you with the best performing purification protocol.