For KASP on Demand (KOD) our scientists design and fully validate and optimise your assay prior to delivery. Any custom KASP assay can be provided with our validation service ensuring that you receive a working assay.
If you are working with human DNA samples, KOD assay validation can be performed using our validation panel of 44 DNA samples. We can use your own human DNA samples for validation if you prefer, and this is recommended if you are working on an assay with a low minor allele frequency. For all other organisms, LGC require the customer to send in sample DNA to enable assay validation to be carried out in our laboratories. We require a minimum of 22 DNA samples for validation, and will accept up to 94 DNA samples. For more information about how much DNA is required, please see our factsheet.
KASP assays have an industry-leading conversion rate. We have carried out the design for millions of individual assays and we have significant experience in the design of successful assays for even the most difficult genomes or target sequences. With our validation service we guarantee delivery of a working assay or you will not be charged.
- Please request a quotation or enquire about pricing.
- We will email you with the quotation for your assays, and will include a sequence submission form
- Review your quotation and if you’re happy with it, submit a purchase order to the address provided.
- Next, complete and return the sequence submission form with your sequence/s of interest and polymorphism/s market to tell us which SNPs / InDels you are interested in
- Assay design (primer selection) will then be carried out using our proprietary Kraken™ software system, or manually by our scientists where required.
- Our scientists fully validate and optimise your assay(s). For all species, with the exception of human, we require a minimum of 22 DNA samples (maximum 94 DNA samples) to enable the assay to be validated in our laboratories. Please complete a DNA submission form to identify your samples.
- All three target-specific primers for an assay are combined into a single 2D barcoded tube
- Each KOD Assay mix is shipped in a 2D barcoded tube, with an additional printed label.
Aliquots of KOD Assay mix are provided in 2D barcoded tubes in sufficient quantities to enable
- 2,500 reactions at 10 µL total reaction volumes (96-well PCR plates)
- 5,000 reactions at 5 µL total reaction volumes (384-well PCR plates).
Our Standard service provides an estimated delivery of 4-6 weeks. Our Fast delivery service will guarantee delivery of the functionally validated KASP assays in 2-3 weeks.
Should you have any questions at all, please contact us our customer services team or our technical support team who will be pleased to help you.