High-throughput, high-quality DNA and RNA purification for detection of multiple pathogens
Pathogen testing protocols (e.g. for COVID-19, influenza or easy-to-lyse bacterial pathogens) require fast, reliable, high-yield, high-quality and easily automatable sample preparation methods.
Our sbeadex™ Pathogen Nucleic Acid Purification Kits with their optimised chemistry meet these requirements and deliver excellent yields of highly purified nucleic acids from various sample material that can be used in many downstream applications such as PCR/qPCR, RT-PCR/qRT-PCR, and NGS. The purification procedure can be fully automated and is compatible with many robotic platforms.
The sbeadex Pathogen Nucleic Acid Purification Kit is a simple renaming of our proven sbeadex Viral RNA Purification Kit to reflect its continuously expanding usability to purify good yields of high-quality DNA and RNA from a variety of viral and bacterial pathogens.
Please see Table 1 for a list of viral and bacterial pathogens and compatible matrices that have been tested so far.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
- Qualified protocol for viral and bacterial nucleic acid purification
- Compatible with most popular robotic platforms, including the Kingfisher™ and our high-throughput oKtopure™ instrument
- Fast – both short (25 min) and standard (45 min) protocols available
- High-throughput batch sizes (up to 10,000 purifications)
- No organic extraction, alcohol precipitation or centrifugation steps
- Water-based wash buffers reduce solvent carryover, resulting in absence of PCR inhibitors in final eluate
- High nucleic acid quality for all downstream applications including PCR/qPCR and NGS
- Ready-to-use kits with high stability (customised and bulk size kits are also available)
|SARS-CoV-2||Swab and Sputum|
|Influenza A H3N2||Swab*|
|Novel Influenza A H1N1||Swab*|
|Respiratory Syncytial Virus (subtype A)||Swab*|
|Respiratory Syncytial Virus (subtype B)||Swab*|
Table 1: Pathogens that have already been tested using the sbeadex Pathogen Nucleic Acid Purification Kit.
Scientific data have been generated using AccuPlex™ Reference Material from LGC SeraCare in the background of human swab and sputum matrix. Furthermore, *Amplirun Total Respiratory Viral Panel Control (Swab, MBTC020), **Amplirun Total Atypical bacterial Pneumonia Control (Swab, MBTC022-R) and ***Amplirun Total MTB Control (Sputum, MBTC013) from Vircell S.L. were used. Subsequent detection was performed using different (RT-)qPCR systems. For details, please contact our technical support. An application note with more details will be available soon.
Note: Other sample matrices may also be used with this kit. Further testing on other pathogens and matrices is in progress and this table will be updated accordingly.
|Product name||Item name||Number of purifications per kit|
|sbeadex Pathogen Nucleic Acid Purification Kit||NAP-40-024-01||96||Order now|
|sbeadex Pathogen Nucleic Acid Purification Kit, no Proteinase K||NAP-40-026-01||96||Order now|
We provide customised solutions as well as very economical bulk sizes. Please contact us to support you establishing your individual setups or offering you individually tailored kits.