Simplify your SNP genotyping assays with automated precision at an affordable price.
ValuMix™ assays for SNP genotyping consist of two custom dual-labelled probes and a primer pair delivered at exact quantities in a single tube. These mixes are engineered to provide the highest precision as an optimised blend of primers and probes ready for immediate use in your SNP genotyping assay.
Choose from three probe chemistries: BHQplus™, MGB or LNA Probes. Each probe type is available in three standard sizes and is compatible with a complete set of dye options to ensure optimal performance with your instrument’s optics.
- Short probes for high specificity: BHQplus, MGB and LNA Probes increase the melting temperature (Tm) of the probe:target duplex, enabling improved sequence specificity.
- High signal-to-noise for increased sensitivity: The increased quenching efficiency of BHQplus, MGB and LNA Probes improves sensitivity with lower background noise and a higher signal-to-noise ratio.
- Improved SNP detection: High duplex stability with a shorter probe leads to enhanced ∆Tm and improved SNP/mismatch discrimination.
- Save time and money: Reduce pipetting errors and repeat experiments with a ready-to-use optimal blend of high quality probes and primers at an affordable price.
5' fluorescent dye
|Probe 1||FAM||495||520||BHQ-1 or EDQ*|
|Probe 2||TET||521||536||BHQ-1 or EDQ|
|CAL Fluor Gold 540||522||544||BHQ-1 or EDQ|
|CIV-550||530||550||BHQ-1 or EDQ|
|HEX||535||556||BHQ-1 or EDQ|
|CAL Fluor Orange 560||538||559||BHQ-1 or EDQ|
* MGB probes come with Eclipse Dark Quencher(EDQ). LNA and BHQplus Probes are available with BHQ-1.
40x or 80x assay mix for SNP genotyping
To order a ValuMix assay for SNP Genotyping as a 40x or 80x assay mix, please include the respective concentration of 8 µM probe and 36 µM primer (40x) or 16 µM probe and 72 µM primer (80x) in the notes field along with your diluent of choice (water, TrisHCl, T10E0.1, or T10E1).
For a 40x and 80x assay mix, we assume 200 nM probe and 900 nM primer as the final reaction concentration. Water is not an option for MGB Probes.
Use the spectral overlay tool to view compatible dyes for your instrument. Learn more
Choose from one of three duplex stabilising probe chemistries
Duplex stabilising probes enable shorter probe design while maintaining the optimal melting temperature (Tm). The shorter probe improves the signal-to-noise ratio and greatly enhances mismatch discrimination making them ideal for probe-based SNP genotyping.
LGC Biosearch Technologies is the only supplier that offers three duplex stabilising chemistries (BHQplus, MGB and LNA Probes), which gives you flexibility to optimise your assay and maximise performance.
- BHQplus Probes: BHQplus hydrolysis probes consist of a 5′ fluorescent reporter dye, a 3′ BHQ, and modified C and T nucleotides throughout the probe sequence which are responsible for enhanced probe-target binding stability. The compact sequences of BHQplus Probes are simple to design and typically 15-25 bases in length.
- Minor Groove Binder (MGB) Probes: MGB Probes consist of a 5′ fluorescent reporter dye and a 3′ Eclipse Dark Quencher (EDQ) conjugated to a MGB moiety that stabilises the probe-target duplex. The short and simple 8-30 base MGB Probe design increases the ∆Tm for improved SNP discrimination, particularly when the mismatches are within the minor groove binding region.
- Locked Nucleic Acid (LNA) Probes: LNA hydrolysis probes consist of a 5′ fluorescent reporter dye, a 3′ BHQ, and up to seven LNA bases in the probe sequence. LNAs are modified RNA bases in which the ribose is “locked” with a methylene bridge, fixing it in the C3'-endo conformation. LNA bases have increased affinity for complementary DNA bases, which increases the probe melting temperature and enables a shorter probe design. Each LNA monomer substituted into the 15-25 base probe sequence increases the Tm of the duplex by 2-8 °C allowing for an exact fine-tuning. Order LNA Probes for SNP genotyping.