Using PCR to design your molecular diagnostic assay
We’ve got your workflow covered from essential components to scalable know-how
LGC, Biosearch Technologies is a trusted partner to the world’s top 10 molecular diagnostic firms, supporting every stage of assay development from biomarker discovery through to commercialisation. We enable developers and clinical laboratories to execute on their projects across the spectrum, including point-of-care assays, infectious disease research, or cancer diagnostics.
How we support your workflow
Sample prep essentials
We provide a range of precipitation and mag-based bead DNA and RNA extraction and purification methods and tools with:
- Fast protocols
- Simple workflows
- High quality, high yield DNA
- Wide range of sample types
- Flexible customisation
|Kleargene™ silica||sbeadex blood||QuickExtract*||MasterPure|
|Liquid handlers||Liquid handlers|
|Downstream applications||PCR||All||PCR applications||All|
|DNA quality||PCR grade||Highest DNA quality||PCR grade||High|
|Nucleic acid type||DNA||DNA||DNA, RNA||DNA, RNA|
|Throughput (w/ instrument)||> 1,000 extractions/ day||< 600 extractions/ instrument||> 1,000 extractions/ day||< 600 extractions/ instrument|
|Storability of DNA||Several years (-20 °C)||Several years (-20 °C)||4 weeks||Several years (-20 °C)|
Manufactured with high reproducibility and consistency
Our vertical product integration empowers us to deliver the same consistent product regardless of scale, while our flexible production platform enables us to fine-tune to your needs.
Outstanding oligos and probes
As the original inventor of the Black Hole Quencher™ (BHQ™) dyes, Biosearch Technologies has been helping molecular diagnostic companies from discovery to commercialisation for over 35 years. Our capabilities span the full spectrum of oligo synthesis:
- Thousands of modifications, including specialty reagents
- Fluorophores and quenchers spanning across the spectrum
- Research-grade to GMP-compliant oligos
- Customisable to your specifications
Delivered how you want it
We thrive on collaborating to meet your specific requirements. Don’t see an exact fit here? We’re happy to discuss any custom, OEM, or bulk formats to be tailored to your workflow.
Enzymes and Master mixes -
Where fundamentals meet flexibility
We manufacture top notch enzymes and optimized master mixes under ISO 13485 compliance in customisable formulations and formats:
- RapiDxFire™ Thermostable Reverse Transcriptase is stable at room temperature, yet highly specific even at 80 °C. See how this lyo-compatible enzyme has a reaction time of 5 minutes or less.
- RapiDxFire qPCR 5X Master Mix GF was designed with diagnostic developers in mind, offering a dye-free, 48-hour reaction benchtop-stable formulation with flexible reaction setups and protocols.
Developing NGS assays?Let us help
"We’ve chosen to work with LGC for our high volume, custom enzyme needs, and they’ve proven to be a reliable supplier of these critical components. The custom enzymes stand out in terms of quality and consistent product performance."