This cost effective all-inclusive plant service makes it simple to genotype large sample numbers.
The plant breeding community is challenged with increasing demands on crop development and genetic gain. We have developed the all-inclusive service to meet those demands and accelerate the development of superior production traits. The complete solution … from dirt to data.
This complete plant service package includes:
- BioArk Leaf or BioArk Seed sample collection kits
- DNA extraction service
- KASP or Flex-Seq genotyping services
- KASP genotyping service including custom KASP assay design and support or
- Flex-Seq targeted genotyping by sequencing including library design, synthesis, and sequencing with NGS based readout
- Low cost per sample = more samples & SNPs = faster to new traits = faster to market
- Convenient “all-in-one” service package – no customer lab required
- Better data quality with BioArk Leaf or BioArk Seed sample collection kits
- Includes support from your dedicated project manager
- Flexible and robust KASP assays or targeted sequencing with Flex-Seq
- Plant samples or extracted DNA only. Samples provided in 96-well plate format.
- Minimum of 48 samples per project.
- Standard turnaround time is 4 weeks for KASP and 4-6 weeks for Flex-Seq. Bespoke turnaround times available on request.
- Fast 2 week turnaround is available for KASP genotyping as long as assays are ordered in advance and conditional to capacity.
Products and services included:
DNA is extracted from the plant sample material using our DNA extraction chemistry and instrumentation.
New assay design using customer-provided SNP sequence information is included in the price per sample and you will be assisted in the assay design by a dedicated project manager.
SNPs or InDels subsequently genotyped using KASP genotyping result in you receiving an e-mail with a link to your genotyping data file on our secure web server. Scored genotyping data from Flex-Seq next generation sequencing are provided as a standard, raw sequence data (FASTQ format) available upon request.
All-inclusive genotyping service is based on either in-silico designed KASP genotyping assays which does not include wet lab validation of assays or re-design as standard or Flex-Seq targeted genotyping by sequencing service which optionally allows for inclusion of additional markers during the project. Options are available, please enquire for pricing.