Genetic solutions for aquaculture challenges
We understand the challenges that the Aquaculture market is facing. Issues such as growth limitation, traceability, feed uptake and disease require genetic tools that facilitate faster development of markers for the relevant traits.
That's why we offer a variety of services to support aquaculture breeding programmes to deliver improved stock. Our all-inclusive service packages for aquaculture start with a BioArk Fish sample collection kit feeding high quality and high throughput DNA extraction services followed by SNP genotyping with KASP or next generation SeqSNP services.
We have developed the custom KASP genotyping service for aquaculture that reduces the time required to develop superior production traits. Our KASP™ genotyping chemistry has already contributed to solutions for many challenges including salmonid alphavirus and sea lice.
All-inclusive aquaculture service packages include:
- Low cost per sample = more samples & SNPs = faster to new traits = faster to market
- Convenient “all-in-one” service package – no customer lab required
- Better data quality with BioArk Fish collection kit
- Includes support from your dedicated project manager
- Flexible and robust KASP assays or targeted sequencing with SeqSNP
- Animal samples only (fin clips, buccal swabs, blood, tissue punch, enquire if not listed).
- Samples provided in 96 or 384-well plate format, preferably in BioArk kit.
- Minimum of 48 samples per project.
- Standard turnaround time is 4 weeks. Bespoke turnaround times available on request.
- Fast 2 week turnaround is available for KASP genotyping as long as assays are ordered in advance and conditional to capacity.
Products and services included
Fish fin punch samples are deposited directly into a 96-well format and are kept stable for storage and shipping at room temperature for weeks without the use of ethanol, freezing, or buffers, greatly improving sampling logistics. Stability testing indicates complete stability over at least 8 weeks.
DNA is extracted from the sample material using our DNA extraction chemistry and instrumentation.
New assay design using customer-provided SNP sequence information is included in the price per sample and you will be assisted in the assay design by a dedicated project manager.
SNPs or InDels subsequently genotyped using KASP genotyping result in you receiving an e-mail with a link to your genotyping data file on our secure web server. Scored genotyping data from SeqSNP next generation sequencing are provided as a standard, raw sequence data (FASTQ format) available upon request.
All-inclusive genotyping service is based on either in-silico designed KASP genotyping assays which does not include wet lab validation of assays or re-design as standard or SeqSNP targeted genotyping by sequencing service which optionally allows for inclusion of additional markers during the project. Options are available, please enquire for pricing.