Genotyping by sequencing (GBS) is the cost effective method of choice for genome wide SNP discovery without prior knowledge of the genome sequence.
Genotyping by sequencing (GBS), also known as Sequence-based genotyping (SBG), has become the method of choice for high throughput discovery of SNPs and simultaneous genotyping in multiple DNA samples. It combines restriction enzyme-mediated complexity reduction with the high-throughput sequencing capacity of Illumina platforms to score random markers across an entire genome
LGC, Biosearch Technologies sample preparation and sequencing experts provide unrivalled support and assist in ensuring the optimal protocol is selected for your application. With expertise in techniques ranging from normalised GBS (nGBS), double digest RadSeq (ddRAD) and other GBS or targeted sequencing based approaches.
Biosearch Technologies has secured a license for the commercial offering and use of GBS (sometimes known as SBG) technology across all species and geographies from KeyGene.
- No prior knowledge of the genome sequence required
Discover new SNPs in your species without the need for a reference genome.
- Cost-effective - Find thousands of markers in any sample number
From a handful of samples for a few million reads to thousands of samples multiplexed on high-throughput NGS platforms.
- Professional service and rapid turnaround times
Licensed technology for all species, unique service provider for vegetable crops.
- Compatible with high-throughput KASP genotyping
Easy conversion of identified markers to Biosearch Technologies’ flexible and high-throughput KASP assays.
- Bioinformatics support for any species
Including sequence pre-processing, alignment and variant analysis.
Applications for genotyping by sequencing include:
- Co-dominant SNP genotyping
- Genetic diversity analysis
- Genetic mapping
- QTL mapping
- Bulk segregant analysis
- Mapping to whole genome sequence
- Discovery of (rare) SNP variants
- Genome wide association mapping
- Genomic selection/prediction
For bespoke technical advice on GBS and sequencing based technologies from Biosearch Technologies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heinrich F, Wutke M, Das PP, et al. Identification of Regulatory SNPs Associated with Vicine and Convicine Content of Vicia faba Based on Genotyping by Sequencing Data Using Deep Learning. Genes 11(6):614. https://doi.org/10.3390/genes11060614. Published 2020.
- Siadjeu C, Mayland-Quellhorst E, Albach DC. Genetic diversity and population structure of trifoliate yam (Dioscorea dumetorum Kunth) in Cameroon revealed by genotyping-by-sequencing (GBS). BMC Plant Biol 18, 359. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12870-018-1593-x. Published 2018.
Keygene N.V. owns patents and patent applications protecting its sequence based genotyping technologies, as described by Truong et al., PLoS ONE 7: e37565, 2012 . LGC, Biosearch Technologies has a licence from KeyGene N.V. to offer the GBS service for any organisms provided that use and application in human and animal shall be limited to research use only.