2009 H1N1 ValuPanel Reagents
The 2009 H1N1 (Novel Influenza A) ValuPanel™ Reagents* are part of Biosearch Technologies’ ValuPanel line of detection reagents. ValuPanel Reagents are composed of probes and primers that resolve genetic signatures of different pathogen strains.
*For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
2009 H1N1 Signatures Licensed from the CDC**
As a licensed manufacturer of oligonucleotides to resolve 2009 H1N1 signatures, Biosearch Technologies is pleased to offer the same sequences in the form of ValuPanel Reagents. This panel consists of dual-labeled BHQ probes, a forward primer, and a reverse primer for use in real-time PCR to discriminate H1N1-related viral strains. 2009 H1N1 ValuPanel Reagents contain probes and primers based on genetic signatures for the following strains:
- Influenza A
- Swine Influenza A
- Swine H1 Influenza A
- Human RNase P (Extraction Control)
**CDC does not endorse products or services.
Responding to a Public Health Emergency
In response to the outbreak of novel 2009 H1N1, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) to the CDC for the immediate use of the Real-time RT-PCR Detection Assays for 2009 H1N1 designed by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC readily developed the 2009 H1N1 Panel to detect and identify cases of the novel influenza A (H1N1) virus, and is the first FDA-authorized distributor of this molecular diagnostic test to public health and other qualified laboratories. Biosearch Technologies participated in the rapid response to the Flu pandemic by supplying the probes and primers necessary for the H1N1 detection panel.
Available to the public online, the World Health Organization (WHO) posted the CDC protocol of realtime RTPCR for influenza A (H1N1) which lists Biosearch Technologies’ Black Hole Quencher® (BHQ®-1) dye as the quencher for all listed probes.
Order 2009 H1N1 ValuPanel Reagents Today!
Want to purchase BHQ Probes for the detection of 2009 H1N1? Simply add the individual reagents or the entire ValuPanel Reagent set to your online shopping cart. ValuPanel Reagents ship the same day via FedEx Priority (unless specified otherwise) for orders placed before 2:00 PM (PST).
Related News and Resources
- CDC Real-time RT-PCR Protocol for Influenza A (H1N1)
- Watch video: Making of the Probes and Primers for CDC's Swine Flu Test Kit: Inside Biosearch Technologies
- Biosearch Technologies - Swine Influenza A/H1N1 Press Release
- License to CDC H1N1 Signatures and Influenza A Subtyping Patent Press Release
- CDC.gov - Evaluation of Rapid Influenza Diagnostic Tests for Detection of Novel Influenza A (H1N1) Virus
- GenomeWeb - CDC Flu Expert Provides Update on Swine Flu Response at ASM
- GenomeWeb - CDC Researchers Find Low Sensitivity for Rapid Flu Tests, Urge Use of rRT-PCR