K-Trak - multi-tube 2D barcode reader
Assay and reagent tracking is a crucial part of the laboratory workflow. With the advent of 2D tube barcoding, assay tracking has been simplified and allows you to track your samples far more easily.
K-Trak™ is the next generation of the LGC Cyclops™ - single 2D barcode reader. K-Trak substantially increases throughput by parallel scanning multiple 2D barcode tubes.
- Scanning of all 2D tube barcode formats
- Scan up to 16 tubes at one time at rate 16 tubes / second
- Controlled internal illumination within fully enclosed unit eliminates errors
- No external downloads for set up: ‘Plug and play’
- Kraken™ interface with integration into existing SNPline modules (optional)
- Compact scanner solution
- 3 front facing USB ports allow easy connection of keyboard, mouse and external scanner.
Flexibility and throughput
The K-Trak 2D barcode scanner is used in our own service laboratories to enable the accurate tracking of assay delivery across sample plates.
The K-Trak is an integral part of our laboratory operations enabling us to:
- Have complete traceability
- Assay tube and plated assay are linked into LGC’s Kraken workflow management software
- K-Trak scanner reads 2D barcodes of the assay tubes, before and after the Meridian2 ™ dispenses the assay into the linked plated assay.
- Decreased risk of dispensing the incorrect assay into the wrong plate
- Add the right assay to the right plate and tracked by Kraken
- Reduced risk of human error since Kraken tracks assays tubes and links the assay to the plate.
- Automatic scan of up to 16 assays at one time
- Scan multiple tubes in parallel.