Kraken™ software is a complete LIMS platform that handles all laboratory processes including sample management and tracking, data analysis and reporting.
Limited time promotion
Get a 50% discount on a Kraken site license and software update. Mention promo code KRAK50 to your regional LGC, Biosearch Technologies representative or contact us directly. Terms and conditions apply, click here for more details.
Our proprietary Kraken™ software is a dedicated information and laboratory workflow manager. Kraken workflow manages the time consuming and error prone data handling and planning associated with DNA extraction, genotyping and DNA sequencing. This system was developed by scientists for scientists, and we use Kraken on a daily basis to run all of our genomic service projects in Europe and the USA.
Every project is given a unique project number, and all associated sample plates, KASP assays, and genotyping results are tracked within the project.
Key components of the Kraken software
- Project management module
- Sample management and tracking module
- Meridian2 ™ engine control interface for dispensing
- Genotyping data analysis & reporting module (this component of Kraken is also sold separately as KlusterCaller™)
- Multiple graphic user interface to shared database
- Password-protected multi-level secure data storage
- Multiple projects can be run simultaneously and are viewed by customer and project
- Complete user tracking to event log file
- Automatic job report details work schedules
- Barcode tracking of plates and tubes - fully searchable
- Large scale project capability with super fast access powered by MySQL
- Strict operating option ensures users log freezer and plate storage locations.
DNA sample management
- Master DNA layout graphical organiser
- Plate layout importer
- Plate replication tracking 96 - 384 -1536 - any user definable format
- Assay + sample plate tracking
- Freezer storage tracking
- Robotic interface utilities for fully automatic plate tracking (DLLs and command line programs)
- Thermal cyyle parameter tracking
- Genotyping features
Reading and calling
- Direct plate reader import – ABI (txt + sds), PerkinElmer, Tecan, Labsystems, BMG
- Storage of multiple reads of the same plate
- Automated / manual cluster calling for plate reader files
- Compare differences between calls on plates
- Plate reader compensation factors may be applied
- Multiple assays can exist on the same plate
- Multiple master plates may be viewed individually as clusters
- Hardy-Weinberg analysis.
- Definable export report
- Licence free read-only cluster viewer software compatible
- Ability to check for duplicates
- Ability to drill down to identify bad samples.
- Sequence primer storage & management
- Primer to DNA sample tracking
- ABI sample sheet generator (User definable for other manufacturers)
- Embedded viewer enabling multiple traces to be displayed and scored
- Data exporter and report generator.
The Kraken manual is available here.
If you are using Kraken in your laboratory and have a new support issue, please email email@example.com
We are continually improving Kraken to meet the needs of our customers. One year of free Kraken updates are included in the cost of a Kraken purchase.
Terms and Conditions for promo code discount on orders
This promotion is available to all customers purchasing qualifying products. Products eligible for the 50% discount are: KBS-0101-948, Kraken Site License and Software Update (existing customers without license support). KRAK50 promo code is required at the time the order is placed for the promotion to be applied. Discount valid on list price in effect at the time order is received by LGC and applies to direct orders only. Discount valid for orders that book on or before March 31, 2020. Promotional offer may not be available in all countries; contact us to inquire. Offer not valid on any other Kraken products. Cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. One time use only. Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Offer void where prohibited, licensed or restricted by federal, state, provincial or local laws or regulation or agency/institutional policy.