When good goes in, great comes out. The BioArk Fish Collection Kits combine convenient sample collection with drastically improved logistics, storage, and shipping. Using these kits, you can collect regularly-sized fin clips directly into an extraction-capable 96-well format without the use of ethanol, freezing, or buffers. Avoiding ethanol and freezing greatly improves storage and shipping logistics and helps protect samples from degradation associated with defrosted packages. Order your BioArk Fish kits in combination with DNA extraction or All-inclusive extraction and genotyping services and experience the full service convenience of sampling to genotyping. DNA purified from BioArk Fish kits are compatible with KASP genotyping, Next Generation Sequencing technologies or array genotyping.
The kit includes
- 96-well plate
- Complete set of tools for collecting animal sample material
- Instructions for return shipment of the filled plate for genetic analysis.
- Quality data from consistent sample quality, size, and shipping stability
- Environmentally friendly with reductions in plastic consumption, hazardous ethanol, energy consumption, and carbon emissions over traditional sampling methods
- Convenient genotyping by courier concept
- Easy shipment and customs clearing
The BioArk Fish kits standardise the quality of the DNA that is extracted and dramatically improve the quality of the resulting genotyping data.
Use of the BioArk Fish kits eliminates fees and delays to transfer fin clips into an extraction format and maps samples to specific wells
(left) Image of rainbow trout being sampled with BioArk Fish provided by Hendrix Genetics
(right) Detailed view of fin punch used with rainbow trout. Image generously provided by Hendrix Genetics