sbeadex™ magnetic beads enable automated high-throughput extraction and purification of high-quality nucleic acids from easy to challenging sample types.
An optimised chemistry with a novel two-step binding mechanism allows nucleic acids to bind more specifically to RNA and DNA purification beads. Final washes with pure water deliver nucleic acids of high yield, purity and quality that can be used in many downstream applications such as PCR/qPCR/RT-qPCR or NGS. The sbeadex magnetic bead-based DNA and RNA purification procedure is fast, reliable and compatible with many robotic platforms, including our oKtopure™.
See how sbeadex nucleic acid purification works
Product information sheets
Applications of sbeadex nucleic acid purification kits
- DNA and RNA purification for many downstream applications such as PCR/qPCR, RT-PCR or NGS
- Applicable to a wide range of sample types used in basic or biopharmaceutical research as well as molecular diagnostics and agricultural screening and testing
- sbeadex plant: Various tissues (including leaf, seed, bark, pulp and root) from a variety of plant species
- sbeadex livestock: Various sample material (e.g. blood, tissue, hair, semen, saliva, ear punch) from a variety of animal species
- sbeadex blood: Whole blood, EDTA blood, heparin blood, citrate blood, buffy coats
- sbeadex tissue: Cultured cells and tissues (e.g. skin, lung, muscle, spleen, mouse tails, ear punches)
- sbeadex pathogen: Viral and bacterial pathogens (e.g. SARS-CoV-2, Influenza, Legionella, Mycoplasma)
- sbeadex plasmid: Bacterial cultures
- sbeadex forensic: Broad range of forensic samples, including blood stains, hair follicles, chewing gum and clothing
- sbeadex PCR clean-up: Purify PCR products by removing primers, unincorporated nucleotides, enzymes and other unwanted contaminants
- sbeadex SAB: Use for DNA clean-up and DNA fragment size selection during NGS library prep and PCR methods
Key benefits of sbeadex technology
- Highly purified nucleic acids suitable for many downstream applications
- Fast, convenient and reproducible protocols that are easily adaptable to high-throughput automation
- No organic extraction, alcohol precipitation, alcohol washes or centrifugation steps
- Water-based wash buffers
- No potential PCR inhibitors (e.g. organic solvents, ethanol or salts) in wash buffers and eluate
- Highly stable, ready-to-use kits
- Compatible with most popular robotic platforms (e.g. KingFisher, Hamilton, Tecan, Beckman-Coulter, or our high-throughput oKtopure instrument)
Partner with us to customise sbeadex technology for your specific requirements. We offer highly flexible batch sizes and tailored protocols (e.g. modified lysis or elution steps) as well as customised and bulk sized kits. Contact us to discuss your project.
DNA/RNA preparation protocol with sbeadex magnetic beads
sbeadex magnetic beads allow efficient and high-quality purification of small and large DNA and RNA fragments within 45 minutes without centrifugation steps. The beads are double coated, requiring a unique dual binding protocol. This protocol allows elution of ultrapure nucleic acids into water and significantly reduces solvent carryover that might affect downstream applications.