mag™ Nucleic Acid Purification Kits were originally developed as a high-throughput, efficient and cost-effective DNA isolation method. The technology is suitable for the extraction of highly pure nucleic acids from a wide range of sample types for downstream applications including PCR, restriction enzyme analysis and sequencing/NGS.
The protocol follows the common technology of binding the nucleic acid to the magnetic beads, removing contaminants using salt and alcohol-based wash buffers and a final elution step.
Sample types include:
- Blood samples
- Cell material
- Mucous membrane
- Amniotic and cerebrospinal fluid
- Cell and plant tissue
- DNA and RNA purification for many downstream applications such as PCR/qPCR, RT-PCR or NGS
- Range of kits available that are applicable to a wide range of sample types:
- mag mini, midi and maxi: EDTA blood, heparin blood, citrate blood, buffy coats
- mag maxi PLUS and PLUS XL: EDTA blood, heparin blood, citrate blood, buffy coats
- mag plant: Various tissues (including leaf, seed and root) from a variety of plant species
- mag forensic: Broad range of forensic samples, including swabs, dried blood spots and hair roots
- mag nanogram: buccal swabs.
- High-throughput and cost-effective isolation of highly pure nucleic acids suitable for many downstream applications
- Easily scalable for larger volumes or multi-well formats
- Fast, convenient and reproducible protocols compatible with most popular robotic platforms (e.g. KingFisher, Hamilton, Tecan, Beckman-Coulter)
- Conventional magnetic bead technology is easily adaptable to pre-existing workflows/protocols
- Ready-to-use kits with high stability
- Highly flexible batch sizes and tailored protocols (e.g. modified lysis or elution steps) for your specific requirements
- Customised and bulk sized kits available, depending upon user requirements